Epson RX560 Will Not Feed Paper

CUSTOMER-

Epson rx560. Will not draw paper through. I have checked for paper jam. The mechanism that feeds the paper in seems ok ie the paper is drawn part way in but goes no further. the rollers inside are free and are working ok but not pulling the paper through?

Dimmusacio-

Turn the machine off then unplug it and disconnect the usb cable (if there is one connected if not skip any USB cable steps).
Remove all paper from the machine and then blow out the feed roller and paper tray thoroughly with compressed air three or four times.
Once done plug in back in and insert a single sheet of paper.
Turn the machine on and then connect the usb cable. Then please test the machine and see if the problem is still there.

If it is next remove all the paper from the machine.
Then with a flashlight look very closely at both the paper feed roller, as well as inside the machine around the ink cartridges.
Something as small as a pin stuck in either area could cause this problem.

Remove all the ink cartridges from the machine
Then clean the contacts on the cartridges as well as inside the machine itself
Do this with a small amount of warm water on a cotton swab until no ink comes off on the swab
If any of the other cartridges are low, empty, leaking or bulging replace them
Then turn off the machine and unplug it for 70 seconds
Plug it back it and wait for the insert cartridges message
Insert the cartridges and check to see if the problem is still there

CUSTOMER-

Thank you for your detailed answer. I have very poor eyesight and need to follow your instructions tomorrow in daylight and when I have a compressed air source. Please let me know how I can get back to you to let you know how I have got on and if I need to ask you any further questions.

Dimmusacio-

You can get back to me by going to justanswer.com and clicking on my questions.

CUSTOMER-

Dimmusacio I have gone through all the steps that you suggested but the printer is still not working. However I do not think there is a paper jam having now thoroughly cleaned the machine. The problem appears to be on the inlet feed. The paper is pushed forward and then gripped by the white rotating fingers prior to reaching the rollers. The rollers are in good condition and rotate O.K.but the problem seems to be the inlet fingers.
The paper does not feed in on the right hand side, it crumples up. I tried cutting a piece of paper in half longitudinally and feeding it in using the start button on the printer. It feeds through all the way i.e. fingers and rollers O.K. on left hand side. Any ideas?

Dimmusacio-

Manually feed a piece of thick paper through. Something might be caught on the right side behind the feed roller (white cogs). Forcing something thick through it should get anything that is lodged behind it out.

CUSTOMER-

I will try what you suggest when I get some thicker card. I will accept your help so that you will be paid the £28 I owe but hope you will stay with me to resolve the problem, or convince me it is not possible.

Dimmusacio-

That is no problem at all once you try that please let me know the results.


CUSTOMER-

Many thanks Dimmusacio we have lift off. The thick card did the trick.
You ask for any tips that may help in future. I found it difficult to see and clean in the roller section. It proved much easier when I partially removed the (scanner head) albeit still attached by the wire and tape. Only 2 screws.
Thanks again

Dimmusacio-

Thank you very much for that information I will keep it in mind next time someone comes to me with this problem.